What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a non-intrusive complementary therapy which is based on the theory that the different organs and systems of the body can be mapped to different points (reflexes) on the feet, hands, face, lower leg or ears. Reflexology is a therapy which can be received by anyone at any age, from newborn babies to those receiving end of life care, and everyone in between. An extremely relaxing therapy where energy points in the feet or face (reflexes) are stimulated through gentle massage:
What are the benefits of Reflexology?
Reflexology is a therapy which can be received by anyone at any age, from newborn babies to those receiving end of life care, and everyone in between. Here are just some of the ways in which Reflexology may help:
- Increase energy, reducing fatigue and sluggishness
- Improve blood circulation, meaning more oxygen reaches vital organs, optimizing their functioning and increasing the metabolism
- Reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Induce a state of calmness and relaxation, helping you to manage life better and sleep well
- Improve bladder function and reduce urinary tract issues, encouraging the release of toxins from your system thereby protecting your body from various health conditions
- Reduce the severity of migraines and headaches often caused by tension, diet or dehydration
- Reduce inflammation and pain associated with muscular and joint damage or degeneration
- Assist with the reduction of hypertension
and much, much more..................
What to expect during your Reflexology session
As a Reflexologist I treat people individually in a holistic way to promote general well-being, relaxation, improved mood, relief from tension and pain. On your first visit we will have a discussion about your current health conditions, diet and lifestyle and your reason for wanting reflexology. All information collected during our time together remains confidential.
It is important to me that you feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the session. The environment is quiet and you will simply relax fully clothed in a reflexology chair or salon bed. Soft music will be played unless you prefer silence. You are free to talk throughout the session or simply rest, that is up to you.
When the reflexology is complete, we will discuss what you may have felt during the session and I will share my findings with you too. If I feel you should seek GP advice or may benefit from other therapies I will also discuss this with you.
Reflexology helps the body systems function more efficiently, speeding up the elimination of waste, therefore the after effects may include:
• Frequent urination/bowel movements
• Feeling more emotional
These are all normal reactions, so please don’t worry.